K.Takeshita wrote:

On 2/25/06 4:49 PM, "Godfrey DiGiorgi", <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If Canon has announced anything new, its stuff that's been in their
development pipeline for a while already.

I believe Canon merely said that the current 35mm line would be maintained.
No new bodies.  Their reason is because 35mm film camera still has market on
a global basis which is probably true, as I can't think digitals (except
some P&S) are proliferating in some parts of the world as it requires other
peripherals and digital infrastructure.
Nikon is keeping only F6 and FM3 (was it?) and they are probably taking care
of pro and enthusiast market, but not developing world etc.
Canon have a huge global distributor network of many products, not just
camera lines and I believe they are able to continue selling 35mm where the
market demands.
But another reason is probably because they do not want to suddenly reduce
the sales of their lenses.  They may suddenly drop the 35mm.

Ken

FM10, the FM3a is dead. Note the FM10 is really a Cosina.

I actually wouldnt' be shocked to see Canon update their 35mm SLR's, just to keep parts commonality with the Digital side.

-Adam