Rick

Of course I had to take a gander over to KEH to see this, which is sooooooo dangerous to my wallet, ahem. I should clarify that I did not look at any Manual focus models as I'm a modern kind of guy that way. It really is good to see the Pentax PZ-1 holding it's value so well, but help me here, why is a PZ-1p in the same condition rating as a PZ-1 less money? The PZ-1 is a great camera...have one love it, however I also have the PZ-1p, which kind of has a tendency to overshadow the PZ-1 in a big way.

I am curious as to which models you were looking at in the Canon section that were so.........cheap? If they started with the word rebel or were from the 6xx series though, I don't count those, heh! I suppose they would be the equivalent to the mz or zx line in Pentax though.

Dave

  Re: End of Pentax 35mm?

Rick Womer
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 06:08:37 -0800

Dave,

Maybe some of these people paying a lot for Canon 35mm
on Eekbay should look at KEH, where Canon and Nikon
35mm SLRs are going for considerably less than Pentax
ones (except, of course, that Pentax has no competitor
to the EOS-1 series or the F4 or F5).

Rick