I feel the same way.
Good ergonomics is an exercise in good design. Whether with buttons or menus.

:-)

Godfrey

On Feb 27, 2006, at 6:53 PM, Aaron Reynolds wrote:

When I used an istD a number of times last summer, I found the manual white balance controls counterintuitive and a huge pain in the butt.

Manual white balance on the DS2 seems to be brilliantly simple, and even though it's now in a menu instead of on a little button, I find it much easier.

I admire simplicity; I hate menus. And yet I find most of the controls on the DS2 easier to work with because I don't have to change either my head's position or the camera's position to look at the top screen and those dials -- I just have to take my eye away from the viewfinder to see the rear screen.

Anyways, I was just wondering if I was the only person who felt like that, especially about the manual white balance. As someone who bought a 67 over a 67II and who really admired the MZ-5, I never really thought I'd favor a menu/joystick combo over a button for anything.

-Aaron