On 27 Feb 2006 at 21:53, Aaron Reynolds wrote:

> When I used an istD a number of times last summer, I found the manual
> white balance controls counterintuitive and a huge pain in the butt.

I find it a pain to use I must admit, especially when trying to also hold a
white reference card in from of the camera too.

> Manual white balance on the DS2 seems to be brilliantly simple, and
> even though it's now in a menu instead of on a little button, I find it
> much easier.

My old Oly E10 WB was really easy to use, it had a small dedicated WB button
next to the shutter button which when pressed immediately took a WB measurement
after which confirmation using the OK button set the value. When ever the WB
was to manual the last value set was used, pretty darn simple compared to any
of the *ist D variants.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998