On Feb 27, 2006, at 10:30 PM, John Francis wrote:

That was the thought process I was following. Pentax is committed to the DA lens size - we just don't know exactly how much bigger than the APS sized sensor it might support - other than Full Frame isn't in the
short term cards.

Might also be built in lens coverage margin for in camera anti-shake
implementation?

Just how much movement do you expect shake reduction to require?

I'd be very surprised if was anything more than, perhaps, 1mm.

Evidently, the sensor in the Konica Minolta D7 and D5 is capable of moving about 1cm.

Godfrey