On 28 Feb 2006 at 20:46, Kevin Waterson wrote:

> This one time, at band camp, Bruce Dayton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > RS> What like the 40mm DA that apparently happens to almost fully cover FF?
>
> I dont get it, the web page says the chip size is
> 29.0 mm (H) x 19.1 mm (V)
>
> yet, it claims "Full-Frame CCD; with Square Pixels"
> I dont get it? am I missing something here?

It appears that you are mistaking sensor technology terms for camera terms. A
Full-Frame CCD reads all the sensor pixel data sequentially and a square pixel
is just, it's got nothing to do with the overall sensor dimensions. The CCD
sensor in the *ist D cameras is described in its specifications as operating in
"Frame readout mode" and goes on to say:

"Frame readout allows all pixels' signals to be output independently
within approximately 1/3.08 second. Adoption of a design specially suited for
frame readout ensures a high saturation signal level."

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998