1. Are you using the digital or analog cable from the airport to the
stereo? If you're using the analog cable, make sure to get a
good-quality shielded cable for the run. A digital cable will be fine
over that distance, though unless you have an A/V receiver, you're
probably not using digital. :-)

2. The version of itunes on your laptop, provided it is up to date,
should be just fine. You may need to install the airport express
setup/admin utility if that isn't on your laptop. After you install
it, run a software update to make sure you have the latest
firmware/software.

Oh yeah, and post some pictures from the Sigma 10-20. :-)

-Mat