On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Rob Studdert wrote:

On 1 Mar 2006 at 0:28, John Forbes wrote:

Yes, but Rob has been in the market since 1988, and in Australia, and
before the internet, and perhaps buying new.  Not many Pentax lenses are
worth more than they were new.

Of my late purchases looking at what I paid in AU$ including freight and taxes
and converting the AU$ value to US$ at todays rate I paid:

US$1294 for my 31LTD and US$988 for my 77LTD (both purchased new Feb 2002)

Have you tried selling in the UK? http://www.ffordes.com/ is honest and fetches top prices. They sold my A100/4 Macro for 245 GBP and gave me back 80% of that.

BTW, it's unfair to factor in loss from buying new, things just depreciate. What is the price of having peace of mind?

Kostas