Then you really don't understand the benefit of a rangefinder when it comes
to composing and choosing the "decisive moment" for snapping the shutter.

> >there is no blanking of the finder as the shot is
> > made
> I don't see how this is a concern, once you've pushed the release, you've
> decided that's what you want

How many tomes have to taken a picture of someone only to find out they've
blinked or had a funny look on their face, or something has unexpectedly
found its way into the frame (see above).

> >the finder view has an air of familiarity as it always remains the
> > same magnification regardless of the FL of the lens.
> but again, its what's in the frame that I'm interested in

There's a certain "transparency" when using a rangefinder like the Leica
that you don't find in an SLR.  Until you've used one for a while, you'll
never understand what we're talking about.