I was on the way home last night. Clear skies, the bright crescent moon was setting over the mountains, earthshine clearly illuminating the remainder. I stopped at a pull-off and set up the *ist D with 500mm Tokina on the tripod. Used the IF remote shutter release to avoid the shakes. Images on the LCD were looking good. As the moon began to dip below the horizon, pine trees were silhouetted on it's face. More good ones.

On the way home I was thinking what I might name an image or two. Twenty-five minutes later I got out of the car at home, opened the rear door, and began to reach for the *ist D, and it struck me... I had taken the compact flash out at work to download some photos, and did not return it to the camera.

That custom function setting is being changed!

Tom C.