Paul, and others.

I really notice a difference in sharpening from the Nikon files to the Pentax
files.If i
forget to sharpen an
image and print it out at home it still look good. The pentax is a lot softer.
if i
forget.

Nikon file gets by with 75-90%, 0.3 picas, and threshold to 0.

Pentax, and more so with the 16-45 is at least double the % and i use 1,3 and
threshold of
5 , i think.

The old farm house picture was converted in PS Raw and the numbers you gave
Paul came up
as the
defaults.

Dave

                > I shoot with that lens quite often, but only in RAW mode. Of
course in-
camera settings
have no effect on RAW images. In conversion, I find that the default ACR 2.4
contrast
setting is just about right for good exposures of most subject matter. When
converting
full-frame images to 144 meg files, I turn the converter sharpness level down
to ten and
sharpen with USM after conversion. For images where I want everything to pop, I
set it at
261%, 1.5 picas, threshold 11. For portraits, I generally use only about half
of that or
less. For some images, I apply locally. But those numbers are my maximum USM
application
for files from that lens.