On Mar 6, 2006, at 6:16 AM, Paul Stenquist wrote:

Oddly enough, birds don't seem to mind the flash. If I move my arms or raise the camera, they fly away. But I can fire the flash repeatedly, and it doesn't seem to alarm them. Maybe they don't really see it, or else it doesn't register as something they should be afraid of.

I've noticed that lots of animals don't respond to flash at all. Some cats and dogs really don't like it and will run away if you try to take flash pictures of them. Most barnyard animals don't react at all.

Bob