Since the article in the BJP a few weeks ago quoting 22 megapixels for
the Pentax 645D there's been a lot of speculation about what sensor
the camera is really going to use.

I've just had an email exchange from my friend who works at Kodak in
the sensor division. He's one of my former marathon training buddies
from when I lived in Rochester so most of the correspondence was
personal, but I did sneak in some inquiries about the Pentax 645 and
sensor since we did discuss it when I visited Rochester last summer.
He told me the 18 megapixel sensor is in full production now but Phase
One is the only company buying them. I also asked about the 22
megapixel sensor and he didn't offer anything - didn't even
acknowledge the question. Given that email is the least private form
of communication, I'm not too surprised: I expect information like
this is still confidential.

Anyway, the 18 megapixel sensor is out. Smart money would be on the
Kodak 22 megapixel (4080 x 5440) sensor, though that obviously isn't
confirmed at this point.