David Mann wrote:
On Mar 10, 2006, at 8:40 PM, Don Williams wrote:

Recently I've been subverting my instrument in the direction of 'arty' stuff.

I really like those photos. A few that really caught my eye:
http://www.kolumbus.fi/mimosa/hold/XTAL02/slides/J060.htm
http://www.kolumbus.fi/mimosa/hold/XTAL02/slides/B299.htm
http://www.kolumbus.fi/mimosa/hold/XTAL02/slides/J029.htm
http://www.kolumbus.fi/mimosa/hold/XTAL02/slides/J063.htm
http://www.kolumbus.fi/mimosa/hold/XTAL02/slides/J065-067.htm

I especially like the textures in the second one, and the colours that aren't as strong as the others. That's the one I'd print _really_ big to hang on the wall. You can probably tell that I'm attracted to the more abstract pics.

Have you considered splitting the index up across several pages? I know it wouldn't help with your links but it'd certainly load a bit faster.

- Dave

--No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.

I've dumped Express Thumbnails Maker and am using the Rolls Royce of gallery makers -- JAlbum -- that can do practically anything. There are a dozen or more supplied 'skins' and they can all be edited. I'm not sure I like the black background, but dozens of very good websites use black so I thought I'd try. I can split up the index easily. The linking problem is the result of having files in many different places. A short while back they were on two ISP servers in Helsinki and one in Oklahoma. I've changed that and they are on three ISP's server's in Helsinki and the Oklahoma one holds videos and biological photomicrographs only. I'll add navigation when I've sorted out what files are where between MTV3, Kolumbus (Elisa) and TeliaSonera.

Don W

--
Dr E D F Williams
www.kolumbus.fi/mimosa/