Aaron Reynolds wrote:

So if I understand all this correctly, if I wanted to run Aperture on my old G4 dual 867, the best upgrade I could make would be a kickass video card?

No. You need a new computer. The minimum requirements are a 1.8GHz G5, which is dog slow running aperture. You need a kickass video card in a new kickass computer.

Does it make sense that Lightroom has been released to battle Aperture, to try to maintain Adobe's dominance in the photographic world?

Yes. And Lightroom, although it has lower minimum requirements, still needs a very fast box. I would say it's unusable (at least if you're actually using it for production) on the G4/low end G5s.

-Ryan
]

-Aaron