On Mar 14, 2006, at 8:18 AM, Ryan Brooks wrote:

Does it make sense that Lightroom has been released to battle Aperture, to try to maintain Adobe's dominance in the photographic world?
Yes. And Lightroom, although it has lower minimum requirements, still needs a very fast box. I would say it's unusable (at least if you're actually using it for production) on the G4/low end G5s.

I did my first investigations into it with an iMac G4 1.25Ghz, 1G RAM. It worked ok for modest sized projects, not bad for beta release.

I'll resume evaluation soon with the PowerMac G5 DP 2Ghz and 3G RAM setup I just installed. It sure makes running a batch process to render DNGs to web rez JPEGs with Photoshop CS2 a LOT faster!

Godfrey