I had some experience with that product; there was also a version
of it that ran on Apollo (68000-based) workstations.  As Paul says,
the software emulation hoovered.  The version that used hardware
(a 286, not a 386, IIRC), plus some fancy logic to share the ISA
bus, worked a great deal better.  You could even boot the device
off the 5 1/4 floppy on the Apollo.

I used that quite a bit - it was easier to just run my old DOS
code on the simulated environment than to port it to the Apollo.