I wouldn't want more than 4GB on a single card, even with RAW files
of 20GB or so (which is what I'm anticipating for the new camera).

Err - make that 20 *MB* or so.   Sheesh.

I'll be disappointed in they don't add lossless compression on the RAW file format for the new camera. It's stuningly stupid to waste 50% space in *every* RAW file. If they add compression, the new 10MP camera's raw should be about the same size as a D{S,L,S2,L2}'s files... 10 MB or so.

-Cory