How well do the lenses perform on the sensor compared
to film as far as CA effects and/or pixel blooming?  I
made some DS2 exposures with my 1.4x tx + 300/8
vivitar this  last Saturday of herons nesting in
Sycamore trees in the Cuyahoga Vally National Park in
NE Ohio.  The lcd review showed alot of purple along
the tree branches against the light blue sky.  At home
on my monitor there wasn't as much.  The files were
PEF, then viewed both with Irfanview and Pentax Photo
Lab.  When converted to jpegs most of the purple is
gone except the thinnest branches are purple.

John