Scanner capable of 120 film is a must.
It can be Epson flatbed, or whatever.

Depending on print size - you can choose scanner.
Dedicated roll film scanner is better, but costs a lot.

Roll film costs less than 35mm film.
At least slide film, like Velvia/Provia/Astia.

Reala/NPS/NPH are similar priced, but still less than 35mm.

I recommend you to try B&W film. You can get great tonality from medium format. It is not like 35mm... And of course it is more fun.

Gatis

Markus Maurer wrote:
Hi Aaron
I have never used a mid format camera but of course would love to try/get
one like the lovely Pentaxes.

Can you tell me:

How easy is it to get roll film nowadays and what are the cost of film and
development?
I live in Switzerland and have not checked prices yet but see the cameras
itself at quite good prices at auctions.
Do you have to send the films to specialized labs to develop and are they
hard to find today
or can every lab handle them?
Do you usually order a print with each shot or an archive copy sheet or only
the developed negatives
to scan them later on the computer or are you one luckier people that can do
it yourself?

greetings
Markus