On Mar 25, 2006, at 7:52 PM, Kevin Waterson wrote:

As mentioned, I dont deny the artistic merits of digital technology.
But you did in your earlier post. You said, If you want to shoot film, fine. I will certainly shoot with my screwmount Leica again and probably with my 6x7 as well. But in your earlier post, you suggested that there was nothing more to digtial than composition. Not true. I have a great darkroom: two enlargers for everything from 35mm to 4x5. Schneider Compuron S lenses., trays for 16 x 20, stainless steel developing tanks with Hewes reels. I still enjoy watching an image appear on paper. I even like the smell of fixer. But to suggest that digital photography isn't artistically rewarding is utter nonsense. RAW conversion and subsequent PhotoShop controls are the best photographic tools yet invented. This whiney film nostalgia is nice, but it's bullshit.
Paul