Your explanation is certainly very clear. Thank you.
No smiley.
Paul
On Mar 26, 2006, at 10:52 PM, Gautam Sarup wrote:

The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle states that increasing the
accuracy of measurement of the position of a particle decreases
the accuracy with which it's momentum can be determined at the
same instance and vice versa.  Simply stated:

- More accurate measure of position implies less accurate measure
of momentum.
- More accurate measure of momentum implies less accurate measure
of position.

There is no claim being made that there is anything inherently
indeterminate in these properties and definitely not that certainty is
impossible.

The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle is a law of Physics, specifically
of Quantum Mechanics, and it should not be applied to draw broad
Philosophical conclusions, or Biological conclusions, or Artistic
conclusions, or any sort of conclusions except those within it's narrow
domain.

Cheers,
Gautam