On Mar 28, 2006, at 6:24 PM, Derek wrote:

At programming shop where I work, the technical consultants that were brought in started using the term "workflow" to describe the software customizations we do from initial request to deployment in production, and it stuck. Then we implement Oracle, and they have their “Workflow” development product/tool. And, of course, we have a document imaging product that accounting department purchased called “Workflow” that we end up supporting as well. So when somebody mentions "workflow", nobody knows what they are talking about.

Needless to say, I was thrilled to death to find that digital photography uses the term "Workflow". Makes my ears cringe.

I pile up work on my desk day after day, stacks of papers, books, CDs, and then more stacks of papers on top of that. When it reaches a certain critical mass, it all tends to flow off onto the floor. To me that's workflow.

Bob

The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. -Bill Watterson