Mark,

But no method can be separated ultimately from the objects
it applies to.  That's implicit and doesn't need to be stated.  For
instance, there is a method of taking a bath - apply water, apply
soap, wash off.  It would not make sense to talk of the method of
having a bath while denying that bodies, soap and water and
non-existent or their existence is debatable.

Cheers,
Gautam