But whats bad about this whole thread from Aaron, is it was when he borrowed my D last year for the Blue Jays shoots.

I thought my camera was safe.:-(

Dave

Quoting Rob Studdert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On 30 Mar 2006 at 11:00, Aaron Reynolds wrote:

Yes, I've been cloning these spots out of about 2000 pictures -- I meant is there anything that can be done to the camera to get rid of them, or is it a permanent problem? And how do they happen?

It's pretty much permanent, some other camera makers provide a hot pixel
mapping service Pentax seems not to. They happen because not all of the pixels
have the same characteristics, some are inherently more noisy or just plain
broken. The ones that are more noisy saturate due to self noise much earlier
than the ones surrounding them, some are just stuck on permanently and
occasionally some just don't work at all, they are dead pixels.

I don't have this problem with the DS2 as yet, and I don't want to. How do I avoid it?

It may develop over time, I know my *ist D was delivered with hot pixels and is a bit worse than when I bought it. It's a bit of a pain when I'm shooting using
slow shutter speeds on a light table but other than that they aren't a great
problem. You may find the program FlameOut useful though it's only available
for Windows.

http://www.nightwatchsoftware.com/flam/flam.htm

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998

Equine Photography in York Region