Quoting Aaron Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Mar 30, 2006, at 9:08 AM, David Savage wrote:
>
> > I can't see any dust. Just a some hot pixels.
>
> Is that what those are?
>
> Why do they go away when blown with a blower brush?

Can't answer that either, but they sure are odd for dust specs. All specs I've
ever seen in my *istD has been dark, not white.

I think I hold with Dave that those may be hot pixels rather than dust.

Incidentally, I recently had a problem with residue on the sensor. Not from
wiping, but from changing lenses in a windy and snowy environment. Some small
crystals must have landed on the sensor and then evaporated.

There's not much pollution present in such crystals, but it still left marks.
Soft blots that had to be removed mechanically. Even though I was reasonably
careful when changing lenses.

Not very many people will encounter this particular problem I suppose, but the
same thing would apply to salt water...:-)

Jostein

Jostein