Paul,

probably I repeat something as I haven't read all the replies, my bed is calling for me, nevertheless just a few thoughts.

Nothing weird on Mozilla 1.7.12, but I have sound never on, so I don't know if it works. Unnecessary anyway, IMHO.

I hate windows subsequently popping up. If it was't you, I had not waited for the second one to load.

What's the use of all those cookies the site wants to set, I see no need for that? Annoying.

Design is nice. The pics with the text are very large, probably you (or your daughter) let the background as it is, and convert the text to gif images with transparent background, and a greyscale colour palette, with something like 4 bit colourt depth. That should do it as well, and take less time to load.

Any good reason for using images instead of text?

Brutally sincere today,
Pancho

Paul Stenquist schrieb:

I'm hoping to take advantage of those on the list who know much more about html and web design than do I. (Which means just about everone:-). My daughter made a website for my advertising portfolio. I'm hoping to show it to some headhunters next week, but I'm not sure if it works on PC browsers, etc. I already know that the opening frame sound effect (a typewriter of sorts) doesn't work on my version of Safari, although it does work on Explorer. The mpg commercials and jpg print ads seem to open on both browsers. I'd appreciate any feedback in regard to the way it works and anything that doesn't seem to work. Design comments are okay as well, although my daughter did it for free, so the price was right :-). I will eventually assign a new url, buti t's here for now:
http://www.stenquist.com/Paul/Paul.htm