It's smaller and lighter, and it will have the quick-shift focus feature. I hope it will be a little less expensive. The slightly shorter focal length would probably suit me a little better too. I'd might prefer the 77/1.8 over the 70/2.4, but for that focusing mount feature.

Godfrey

On Apr 2, 2006, at 11:36 PM, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

Why? What advantage do you see that the 70/2.4 has over the 77/1.8? Size,
perhaps?

Shel

[Original Message]
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi

SMC Pentax-FA 77mm f/1.9 Limited
Pros: Image quality, build quality, convenient focal length.
Cons: What amateur can honestly justify its price tag?

IMO, that's the only one to go for in this range unless you really
want a macro lens. Small, light, excellent imaging quality, etc.
[...]
really prefer having all AF series lenses, and have been debating
getting the FA77/1.8 limited too. It's not *that* expensive given the
quality. But it's also a focal length I find I don't use all that
often. I might wait for the DA70/2.4 Limited.