My friend finally want to make the digital transition.

He currently owns a film P&S (Pentax BTW), and I some
months ago I lent him my MZ-M, along with my AF
28-70/4 and a Cosina 135/2,8, so he can learn the
basics of SLR photography.

When he asked me, first we were discussing if a
'bridge' digicam wold be enough for him but I didn't
recommend it. Mainly due to the current low DSLR
prices, and also due to poor performance for high ISOs
that I read in every bridge review (specially compared
to a DSLR). Also, I personally don't like the idea of
using an electronic viewfinder.

In the DSLR area, I of course let him use my Ds but I
have trouble recommending it for him hands down. Why?
He doesn't own legacy lenses as I did, so he can
choose with 'more freedom'.
The D50 is really cheap here, in Spain, even cheaper
than the DL, and available almost anywhere. On the
other hand, there is the 350D, a little more
expensive, but with 2 more Mpix, and presumably better
AF
performance, and great high ISO, and full frame
path,...
I don't consider Olympus (noise) nor K-M
(discontinued).

I have the feeling that Pentax is good enough for us,
who already own Pentax glass, but maybe not enough
attractive for someone starting from zero (unless you
strongly like small and lightweight equipment, which I

do).

So...what do you think?

1.- Is there any bridge digicam worth considering for
someone who likes photography but maybe have enough
with a performer 'ultra-zoom'? If so, which one?

2.- Would you recommend Pentax over C or N DSLRs, even
for someone without previous film equipment? Why?

Thanks a lot, and regards,
Jaume

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com