Shel Belinkoff wrote:
Hi,

Any comments on the quality of the subject lens?

Shel

Shel,

I tried a few times to buy the FA35/2 a year ago, and kept missing them on eBay and B&H. Finally I gave up. A few months later I got myself the SMC Pentax-FA 28mm f/2.8 AL. It has become my most often used lens thanks to its 'wide normal' (or sometimes described as 'perfect normal') focal length, its compact size, simplicity, and image quality. It's a lens that I can put on the camera and forget about for the rest of the day; a statement that previously was only true of my 28-105 mounted on a film camera.

I know the 35/2 is a fantastic lens, but I almost feel glad that I got the FA28 instead.

Dave