Hiya. My DS just arrived yesterday. Still reading the manual and playing with
the cam. I had a 'surprise'. When I tried to install the software in my
computer which runs on Windows 98, I simply couldn't do it. It didn't bothered
me much. It got worse, though.

I plugged the camera and, at first, the system does recognise the existence of
the Pentax *ist DS, but cannot install the drivers. I tried Microsoft, tried
Pentax, but all software I found was related to newer versions of Windows. Any
suggestions? I thought of buying a card reader, sounded the most reasonable
solution for I do not feel like updating my computer at the moment.

About the camera so far, looks insteresting and promising. It's my first
digital slr, feels a bit odd, but so far so good. Still learning all the
functions and everything. One thing I miss is certainly all the dials available
on the body, instead of through lcd menus, but looks like I'll have to deal
with that. Maybe I am just an old fart, but hey, who the heck said that old
dogs can't learn new tricks? ;)

Cheers
LP