From: "luispaulodesa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "pentax-discuss" <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Subject: Windows 98 x *ist DS

Hiya. My DS just arrived yesterday. Still reading the manual and playing with the cam. I had a 'surprise'. When I tried to install the software in my computer which runs on Windows 98, I simply couldn't do it. It didn't bothered me much. It got worse, though.

I plugged the camera and, at first, the system does recognise the existence of the Pentax *ist DS, but cannot install the drivers. I tried Microsoft, tried Pentax, but all software I found was related to newer versions of Windows. Any suggestions? I thought of buying a card reader, sounded the most reasonable solution for I do not feel like updating my computer at the moment.

About the camera so far, looks insteresting and promising. It's my first digital slr, feels a bit odd, but so far so good. Still learning all the functions and everything. One thing I miss is certainly all the dials available on the body, instead of through lcd menus, but looks like I'll have to deal with that. Maybe I am just an old fart, but hey, who the heck said that old dogs can't learn new tricks? ;)
Cheers
LP