Steady Stenquist said:

> Games are probably the number one reason why
> some Mac owners would like to be
> able to run Windows. My daughter is certainly one
> of them. She built a well-speced PC just for games,
> although she uses a Mac for work both at home
> and at the office. (She's a graphic designer.)

A close friend of mine is a graphics designer and Photoshop expert.  The
company she works for (a large, international firm) uses both Mac and PC
equipment, and has a large graphics and design department.  Not only do
they do work for their in-house needs, but also work for outside clients.
While Meg prefers working on the Mac, there are times she needs to use the
PC for certain programs or situations.  It would be great if, instead of
needing two computers to get the necessary work done, one machine would
suffice.

The other side of the coin is that I like her Mac gear, and if I could run
some Windows programs on it, I'd be more inclined to buy a Mac when it's
time for the next upgrade.

All that notwithstanding, it's about time we've moved closer to "universal"
computing, where the brand that you choose doesn't determine the work that
you can do or the fun that you can have.  It's the 21st century ... time to
enter it fully and embrace the possibilities and potentials that exist.

Shel