Cotty wrote:

Sounds to me like something is not right, especially if the infinity
focus is off. Have you tested this across at least two different bodies
to make sure it's not the body?

It's the same on my P3n, but for a long time I thought it was my scanner.

My first reaction to you taking the lens apart yourself is don't. Your
questions reveal your abilities at lens repair, and I would advise you
practise on a dead lens before attempting you 200 2.5.

I have successfully dismantled and fixed one lens in the past, but that might still be a good idea. Mostly I don't want to take it apart without knowing exactly what the problem is.

Strongly suggest let someone fix it who knows what they are doing :-)

I'm tempted to do that but. A) there isn't anyone within 100 miles of here that would work on it. B) The cost would likely be prohibitive.

Thanks for your input,
Francis