Both my 1270 and R2400 sit for weeks at a time without making prints, then I go into furious printing mode and make several dozen at a time. I usually run head-cleaning on either of them when they've been sitting like that, but don't do it reliably. Haven't had any problems with Epson inks.

The 1270 clogged several times with MIS UT-2 inks. It has always cleared up quickly with a couple of cleanings.

The 1160 I had before that was ruined by PiezographyBW inks that clogged the heads solid. No amount of cleaning would clear them, and replacing the print heads was the cost of a new printer. (That's when I bought the HP 7960...)

Godfrey