How do you make a win-win situation out of win-lose training?

The bottom line is the most important thing in running a business because otherwise you are not in business long, however over the years that seems to have become the only thing. All the rest has become lip service*.

*Since it is a slang term I will define it for those whose native language is not english, "giving lip service" is saying you do something, but not actually doing it --see "customer service".

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
http://webpages.charter.net/graywolf
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"
-----------------------------------

Derby Chang wrote:
Cotty wrote:

<http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-Solid-Pine-Doors_W0QQitemZ6049851238>

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__
||   (O)   |     People, Places, Pastiche
||=====|    http://www.cottysnaps.com

I wish it was a worldwide auction. I'd bid, just to reaffirm good ebay behaviour.

I had this interesting discussion the other week about ebay. Bidding (and winning) in good faith for an ebay auction (and I presume selling as well) has to be an overall economic benefit above and beyond the immediate goods/service gained, because it makes other people trust the "system" with each successful auction. It must add to the social capital. So even if you are burned once in a while, giving up on the trust altogether has a lot more bad implications than just saving oneself from the odd dodgy brother.

Now how can this be shoehorned into MBA business practices???