Thanks Paul, but some of the credit has to go to Godfrey.  We were out
shooting in SF that day, and he explained to me that it's OK to overexpose
based on the metered scene.  So this shot was about a good stop over the
meter reading, thus enabling good shadow detail retention while still
maintaining detail in the brightest parts of the scene.

What is constantly surprising me is the latitude one has when shooting raw,
especially when the exposures are made with a knowledge of how they'll be
processed in PS.  It's been said that shooting digital is like shooting
slide film in terms of how one exposes, but that just doesn't seem right.
I'd swear that if you get the exposure right, and know what you're doing
with the raw converter, you can get more latitude than color neg film.

BTW, of all the K lenses I've used on the DS thus far, the 135/2.5 is
clearly amongst the best.

Shel