Since starting to use the D last year I haven't taken one JPEG picture. After
a week of shooting TIFF I changed over to RAW. This was after I read posts
about RSE on the group. Since then I've been processing the RAW images
with RSE and Photoshop CS. The camera spends most of the time on a
microscope and I might take several hundred pictures during a session.

My immediate concern now is the setting up of a database. It's very difficult to find a file in a stack of CDs unless I know the number or date. If anyone has a useful database program* I'd be interested to hear from them. I have to do something soon -- before things get out of hand. I also have several thousand video clips, also on
CDs, that need to be cataloged.

* I have MS Access installed in my PC and OpenInsight on the shelf.

Don