To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 10:22 PM
Subject: Re: long lens for birds?

When did you change your name John?

Dave S

===>On 4/18/06, Jan Coyle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:<===

Paul, the Tokina focuses down to about 13 feet. That isn't close enough on film for any but the largest birds, but on the APS sensor in the *ist-D it is OK, as evidenced by my last parrot shot. Also, the glass is good enough
to withstand reasonable enlargement too.

HTH

John Coyle
Brisbane, Australia