My service is aDSL using PPPoE, but I don't use my home machine as a web server or file server so the lack of a fixed IP address isn't relevant. I also use an external account (leased from GoDaddy.com) for the gdgphoto.com data store and the .Mac servers otherwise. I do a lot of up and download.

My computers connect to the external line via 802.11b/g wireless, even the desktop systems, so the wire connect speeds are pretty much irrelevant. I don't have any problems with the performance at all, I get 160KBps consistently on download and 45-60KBps on upload, which is good enough for my needs. :-)

Godfrey