I am feeling uninspired in naming this.

I am back for a while (see the I'm back thread I will write later).

I was in Monterey recently and took lots of shots. Felt good. Haven't really
done photography for about six months.

I took this just as it was getting starting to get dark (in another 5-10
minutes or so it was too dark). I don't really know how to shoot at night so I
didn't know what I was doing. :-)

This looks sort of lonely, but actually, IIRC, this was the newer busier pier
with all the shops and restaurants. I just shot up. But I like the lonely
look so I probably shouldn't have told you that.

It has lot of noise, but I rather like it. I haven't really done any noise
reduction on it. When I tried it (Elements 3, noise reduction), it took out too
much of the light/pinkish violet banding. I sort of like it, think it adds
"flavor." Anyway, I wouldn't want all of that color to disappear.

http://members.aol.com/eactivist/PAWS/pages/pier.htm

Comments welcome.

Also maybe suggestions on how to do noise reduction without removing all of
the subtler/ pinkier color. (But I don't want to spend money on Noise Ninja).

Or tell me if you think it's okay even with banding.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)