Brian writes:

> the reasons I chose the 67II are, first, it
> FEELS right.  I can't get used to the Box style cameras (Mamiya,
> Bronica, Hasselblad) - the shutter release is a bit strange for this
> former 35mm-only shooter.

 It does depend on how you use it.  I find the RB is easiest to use handheld
without its left-hand grip no matter which viewfinder I'm using (waist level or
prism).  With the grip it puts too much strain on the wrist due to its weight.

 However, mine spends 99% of its time on a tripod shooting landscapes.  In
this case the rotating back is a godsend.  No need to unbalance the rig by
tilting the head 90 degrees for portrait orientation.  And with the mirror locked
up, the leaf shutters result in no chance of camera shake.

 I've given up on the idea of interchangeable backs because I shoot E100SW
(or Provia 100F) all the time anyway.

>  Second, Cost.  The 67II with AE-II
> metered prism finder (which I found to be very accurate) and 105mm
> F2.4 Lens is about the same cost as a Hassy body.  No finder, no
> backs, just the body.

 Yeah I know :)  Hassy stuff is unbelievably expensive.  I don't have prices for
RZ gear handy but I think that's comparable to the 67II in price.

 I'm leaning very heavily toward a 67II because they are very popular down
here and there is a ton of secondhand glass available.  Plus I'll be able to
submit 6x7 to the PUG without bending the rules :)

Cheers,

- Dave

David A. Mann, B.E. (Elec)
http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/

"Why is it that if an adult behaves like a child they lock him up,
 while children are allowed to run free on the streets?" -- Garfield