On Apr 25, 2006, at 5:12 PM, Aaron Reynolds wrote:

I initially thought I was seeing limitations of the format or the chip or whatever, so I shot at infinity with my 50mm f1.4 and my A* 200mm f2.8, both of which were razor sharp. I have a sneaking suspicion that perhaps the 24mm I have doesn't focus fully to infinity, or that infinity is different between 35mm and digital, or different enough to make a difference in this case.

It's a Sigma lens and therefore, in my utterly biased and not particularly humble opinion, just a piece of junk that looks like a lens. Worrying about infinity focus calibration is going overboard. The fact that it works at all is the miracle of Sigma lens engineering.

];-) - obligatory smiley

Godfrey