The keeping quality of inkjet prints depends upon both the ink type and the mating of paper and ink, as well as the archival qualities of the paper itself. I'm not sure what you mean by reticulation ... What I see in my older dye-based inkjet prints that have faded is oxidation of the dyes, due to the dye as well as the fact that it didn't mate well with the paper.

A lot has happened in inkjet technology over the past several years. Today's better printers use either very carefully formulated dyes and paper that allow the paper to trap and encapsulate the dyes, protect them from oxidation, or pigment based inks that are much more resistant to fading than the older dye based inks. Epson's been the pioneer in this latter technology. Stress-aged pigment-ink prints on archival papers now show projected longevity in the hundreds of years.

Certainly long enough for me. :-)

Godfrey