35mm slides do require readers, but they're very simple readers ... magnifying glasses or projectors. This became painfully apparent at the course I'm taking last evening when one person who brought in her art work as slides but didn't bring a light box or projector: it made it impossible to get a sense of what she was working on. (Next week, I'll carry my small portable light box and 8x loupe just in case..)

gw:
Prints showing reticulation after six months? Which printer model and paper did you use? and how were they stored? I have prints made on relatively cheap inkjet printers that have survived nicely for a decade and more already, stored in archival sleeves and not exposed to light too often, it's surprising to hear that but then the bottom- end printers are not really a standard against which to measure archival qualities. They're built to sell ink ... Epson doesn't even make print longevity claims for that grade of printer, far as I'm aware.

Godfrey