La Crosse charger highly recommended.

I read the La Crosse delivers a more reliable charge at 500-700ma as it can
do a better job of detecting the cut off point.  I was having some flaky
battery problems at 200ma which vanished when I upped the charge rate.
700ma is still well below the safe charge limit.

One bad battery in a set can ruin your day and you need a charger with
individual circuits and a readout to spot the bad one.  I have also found
some NiMH can self discharge much faster than the advertised rate.

Powell