Hi!

Shel recently showed us a picture and added that he wasn't quite sure
about performance of his K 24/2.8...

Now, having thought about it a bit, I present you a question. Is there
a focal distance at which short distance performance of a wide lens is
noticeably worse than at infinity?

For example, I should say that I made quite a few shots with my 31 Ltd
(my widest Pentax lens now) at very close distance (around 1 meter)
and I really liked the results. Both shots from my photoblog that I
recently posted were made with 31 Ltd.

When I had K 24/2.8 I also had mixed feelings about its close range
performance. But at the time I thought it was due to my poor eyesight
and bad manual focusing technique...

--
Boris