In a message dated 5/1/2006 7:06:20 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Well, XP is a fairly decent OS. Bloated as hell, mind you,but that
applies to most Linux distributiions too. It hardly ever crashes. Of
course if you do not know how to tame it Redmond keeps changing it with
those nasty automatic updates. One a couple of months ago changed the
look and feel on me. I shall have to go back and reload XP from the CD
on this machine with updates turned off, I guess.

Just to put my position in perspective here, Cory, I have been running
Slackware since 0.9.

graywolf
========
I am very selective about which updates I install. In fact, I've turned the
automatic updates warning thing off.

Most are for plugging holes in Outlook (which I don't use) to prevent viruses
anyway.

Marnie aka Doe