Juan,
The subject of your post reminds me of an Ansel Adam story related in
one of his books.
It, of course, was negative related and in order to guarantee the image
be a limited addition, agonized greatly over destroying the negative.
He finally 'forced' himself to destroy it by punching it full of holes
with a check canceling punch. Said he never got over it and never
considered doing it again.
I've never thought I'd be at a point, personally, where it would be
done.
I've furnished images for limited sale wherein the seller requested
they be signed and numbered. Felt sort of like an unspoken marketing
'ploy'.

Jack