I found the same thing to be true when I first got the Pz-1p.  The return
stroke of the mirror is quite strong, the upstroke is not so bad.

I routinely use a Pz-1p with 400mm f2.8 and 2X-L teleconverter.  The
teleconverter connection to the lens is somewhat wobbly, but I still get
very sharp images at low shutter speeds.  Using the two second pre-fire
would make the images more sharp, but for moving  birds mirror lock up does
not see to be a viable option.  I do use the mirror lock up with macro work.

The only place where I have seen the mirror slap pose a problem is when
using the motor drive on a tripod mounted rig.  The camera is still
vibrating from the down slap of the mirror when it shoots the next image,
and the effect of the vibrations seems to compound.  I don't think this is
a problem when hand holding the camera, since one would dampen the
vibrations by holding the camera (and probably hold it less steady than the
mirror vibration anyhow.)

- MCC

At 11:22 AM 8/14/01 +0300, you wrote:
>Just tried PZ-1p. Feels like mirror makes lot of vibration, feels like
>camera jumps into ones hands when mirror is returning (hopefully then). Is
>it OK or not? Has anybody experienced that and had any problems? This
>isn't good, but if it does not affect quality of images...
>Atvars

Mark Cassino
Kalamazoo, MI
[EMAIL PROTECTED]